DNA synthesis is the natural or artificial creation of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) molecules. How much do you know about DNA Synthesis? There are a total of ten questions. ! Good Luck!
How Much Do You Know about DNA Synthesis?
1. DNA replication is the biological process of producing two identical replicas of DNA from one original DNA molecule.
183 participants, 0 days left
2. DNA synthesis refers to the process by which RNA is made from DNA.
3. Deoxynucleotides are the nucleotides that stop DNA replication and tag the new DNA with a fluorescent label.
4. If a DNA molecule is found to be composed of 40% thymine, 20% guanine would be expected.
5. The enzymes that break hydrogen bonds and unwind DNA are helicases.
6. DNA ligase seals gaps between DNA fragments (Okazaki fragments).
7. Okazaki fragments form on the leading strand.
8. The Hershey-Chase research showed that DNA was the molecule of heredity.
9. Non-homologous end joining is less likely to produce mutations than homologous recombination.
10. There are only 20 different amino acids but 64 possible codons, most amino acids are indicated by more than one codon.
180 participants, 0 days left